What is Flexible Packaging?
Flexible Packaging: A product package or container made of flexible or pliable material that, when filled or sealed, can easily change shape. The construction may be one of the following, or a combination of paper, plastic film, or foil and could include: shrink sleeves, stretch film, rollstock, bags, pouches, labels/wraps, or lidding.
Some benefits of Flexible Packaging include its protective qualities, clear display of product, minimal waste, easy to open, security options, and many others.
We supply and support companies that shrink-package, box, bag, tamperproof or bundle the following, and more:
- Baked Goods
- Building Materials
- Bulk Papers
- Bulky or Heavy Products
- Eco-Friendly Products
- Fresh Food or Meat
- Kits of parts, or components
- Multi-Packs and Bundles
- Oddly Shaped Items
- Palletized products
- Pizza and Other Frozen Food
- Rigid Items
- Thin, Fragile Products
- Tray-packed products
- Lumber and Forest Products
Bulk Liners, Individual Bags, Display Bags, Hot Plate Films, Shrink Wrap, Polyprop Films, Tapes, Stretch Films, Boxes
- Small bakeries use hot plate cling wraps to package warm baked goods. They also use bags to cover carts, cooking utensils and kitchenware. FDA poly bags are used for breads, muffins, etc... Poly lined Kraft Bags with windows are also used for artisan baked goods.
- Large Bakeries use all the same products, but also use shrink wrappers to increase output vs. hand packing. Shrink wrap generates a more finished look for retail, and adds an extra barrier to prolong shelf life. Large Bakeries also use single weight polypropylene to overwrap products and increase shelf life. Boxes are used to transport product to their customers. Machine tapes are used to close the boxes, and stretch wrap is used to secure the boxes to skids for transportation.
Ziplocks, Hot Plate Films, Vacuum Bags, Grocery Bags, Carry Out Bags
- Ziplocks are used to package deli meats. Hot plate films and vacuum bags are used to overwrap beef sticks, jerky, cheese sticks, etc… Kraft grocery bags and plastic carry out bags are used to carry out purchases.
Scales Systems, Poly Bags, Stand Up Pouches, Shrink Wrap, Pvc Safety Bands, Tapes, Stretch Films, Boxes, Crinkle Cut Papers, Colored Tissue Papers
- Small candy stores use scale systems to weigh product ingredients and for dispensing bulk-candies into bags. Clear poly bags are used to line bins and for packaging. Decorative stand-up pouches are used to package products, offer a retail appearance, and extended shelf life. Carry out bags are used are used to carry out purchases. PVC safety seals are used on glass and metal lids for tamper-proof packaging. Shrink wrap is used to overwrap retail boxes of candies or cookies. Colored crinkle cut papers and tissue papers are used to fill gift baskets and gift bags.
- Large candy producers use the same as above. They also use boxes to package and transport goods. Tapes are used to close and secure boxes. Stretch wrap is used to secure the boxes to skids.
Shrink Films, Bundling Films, Poly Bags, Stand Up Pouches, Vacuum Bags, Pvc Bands, Stretch, Tapes, Strapping, Corner Boards, Polypropylene Films, Boxes
- Shrink Films and Bundling Films are used to wrap boxes of food, secure plastic domes and trays, and for multipacks of trayed or boxed items. Polypropylene Films are used to overwrap items for retail display and extended shelf life. Poly Bags are used for bin and bulk liners. Poly Bags and Stand Up Pouches are used for bagging of individual retail sale items. Vacuum Pouches are used for retail display and extended shelf life. PVC Bands are used to secure and show tamper evidence on jars and tubs. Boxes and Tapes are used to enclose items for skidding. Stretch Wrap and Strapping are used to secure items on pallets for shipment.
Scale Systems, Shrink Wrap, Stretch Wrap, Tapes, Boxes, Bags, Corner Boards, Strapping, Bagging Equipment, Skin Films And Equipment
- Scale Systems are used multiple ways, from dispensing food and candies into boxes or bags, to counting and sorting parts such as nuts and bolts. Poly bags are used to line boxes and bins as well as kitting of nuts and bolts and other parts. Shrink Wrap is used to overwrap books, multipacks of boxed food items, hardware, plumbing components, trays of water, trays of boxed & canned foods, etc. Bagging Equipment is used to seal Poly Bags filled with a wide variety of items such as foods, hardware, utensils, multipacks of various product, etc., and Boxes are used for shipping these items. Tapes are used for box sealing. Stretch Wrap and Corner Boards are used to secure the boxes and packaged items onto skids. Skin Films and are heated and applied over products and locked onto printed C1S or C2S paperboard to contain plumbing parts, automotive parts, cooking utensils, hardware, tools, toys, etc. Strapping and strappers are used to secure individual boxes and multiple boxes to skids for transportation.
Bundling Films, PVC Shrink Bands, Stretch Wrap, Tapes, Strapping, Corner Boards
- PVC Shrink Bands are used for product tamper evidence. Bundling films are shrunk over trayed items such as bottles, canisters and boxes of tablets to secure for shipment. Stretch films and corner boards are used to secure boxes and shrink wrapped trays onto skids for shipment.
Bundling Films, Shrink Films, Skin Films, Poly Bags, Vci Bags, Strapping, Tapes, Stretch Films, Boxes, Corner Boards, Shrink Bands, Kraft Paper
- Automotive Part Manufacturers use VCI Bags for metal components, to eliminate rusting during shipment, and Bundling Films to secure large items onto chipboard or trays. Thick Shrink Films are used for heavy items to eliminate corrugate. Boxes are used to contain parts. Poly Bags are used to contain and protect delicate and breakable items. Tapes are used to seal boxes. Stretch Wrap, Strapping and Corner Boards are used to palletize and secure products for shipment. Skin Films are used for kitting items to paperboard for protection and arrangement of multiple items.
- Tool & Die and Injection molders use the same packaging products as automotive part manufacturers.
- Lumber Companies use Shrink Poly Film to cover and protect wood products for outside storage and transit on flatbed trailers. Wood products for interior use are shrink wrapped in Retail Clarity Shrink Films for containment, protection, and Point-Of-Purchase display. Steel and Plastic Strapping are used for securing bulk loads for transit. Stretch Films and Corner Boards are used for loads of lumber and trim pieces for secure transit.
- Printers and Binderies use Shrink Film, Poly Bags and Bundling Films to multipack and protect books and literature. Boxes are used to pack multiple items. Tapes are used to secure boxes. Stretch Wrap, Corner Boards, Steel and Plastic Strapping are used to secure boxed and unboxed materials to skids. Kraft Paper is used as a void film in boxed literature.