Material Type FAQs
Questions & Answers:
What are Polypropylene Films? (F.D.A. Approved)
Heat Sealable 2 Sides, Surface Treated For Printing
- Typical applications: form, fill & seal both vertical and horizontal applications.
- Matte Finish, Heat Sealable, 2 Sides
Metallized Heat Sealable 1 Side
- Typical applications: High Barrier requirements, non-heat sealable
- Treated for printing
- Perfect for floral wrapping, etc.
High Water Vapor Barrier, Metallized, Heat Sealable One side
- Typical applications: Freezer use.
- Typical applications: Conversion into Bags
- Blown Polypropylene Films are the most economical materials for general applications including FDA approval requirements.
What are Polyethylene Films? (Center Folded, Single Wound Sheeting, Tubing, J Sheeting, Venting & Up To 8 Color Printing)
- Mono-Layer PE films are used when additional strength and barrier requirements are necessary
Co-Extruded – Three Layer
- Package Sparkle can be optimized through use of use of as the outer layer of a Three Layer Co-extruded PE
- Postal Approved used in horizontal form, fill & seal packaging for magazine and other mailer applications.
- Biodegradable over a period of time. Sunlight, moisture and oxygen enhance the biodegradation.
- Typical applications: Used when greater stiffness, better barrier and higher heat resistance are required.
- Made for packaging bottles, canned goods, bagged pet food and corrugated boxes.
What are CELLOPHANE FILMS?
Heat Sealable, Clear with Nitrocelluse Coating
- High- to intermediate- barrier for moisture. A good aroma and gas barrier for when required.
Non Sealable Laminated
- Typical applications are “Twistwrap” packaging candies. Laminations and Hi-Speed Glue.
Transparent reinforced Form Fill & Seal Heat Sealable
- Typical applications: box overwrap, horizontal form fill and seal and printing
2 Side PVDC coated, Heat Sealable, High Barrier
- Typical applications: Bakery, Soft Cheese, Cosmetics, Condiments, Snack Foods, Cereals and Confectionery
What are SHRINK FILMS?
- Typical uses for Polyolefin Shrink Films are: over wrapping and protecting/tamper evidence of consumer products. Most Polyolefin materials are FDA approved for food and pharmaceutical packaging.
- PVC Shrink Films are used for low profile, thin products, which are subject to curling or distortion. Lower sealing and shrinking temperatures are also a benefit.
- We carry Postal Approved Shrink Films for products that are shipped through the USPS. All Purpose Hi Clarity, and Cross Link
- The Work horses of our Shrink Films come from our All Purpose, Hi Clarity Cross Link Shrink Films. They are known for their durability, reliability, and ease of operation, and they work with almost all shrink systems.
- Anti-Fog Shrink Films are used on types of produce that retain water to wick away condensation from the film surface for a crystal clear product view. Used for fruits, vegetables, and fresh prepared foods.
Low Shrink Force - Low Energy
- Low Shrink Force offers a gentle balanced shrink at very low temperatures. Provides a clear, beautiful wrapped package.
Hi-Speed Polypropylene Static Seal
- Our Hi-Speed Shrink Films are field-proven to run up to 15% faster than competitive materials. Achieve longer production-runs with our longer roll, minimize change-over downtime.
High Abuse Shrink Box
- High Abuse Shrink Films are an option for replacing cardboard boxes, or heavy PE films, for retail and other types of products that benefit from a clear product view.
- Add more WOW to your packaging with vibrant printed color. A 360 degree BILLBOARD that will dazzle your customers with any brand or dramatic graphics and message.
- We offer FDA approved Shrink Films for Poultry, Meat, Dairy, Cereal, Produce, Candy and many more food products.
What types of Bags are available for the packaging industry?
Retail Bags, Handled Bags, Scoop and Dump Bags, Popcorn Bags, etc.
- Typical uses include: Bakery, Deli, Grocery, Restaurant, Home, Hardware Hospital & Patient care bags.
- Typical uses include: High Barrier Food, Bakery and Candies (requirements are demanded).
- Better, longer shelf life is achieved
- Offer the highest clarity and outstanding shelf life. Widely used for all types of food packaging.
- Offer a better fit for square or rectangle shaped products.
- We carry Cellophane, Polypropylene and Polyethylene Gussetted Bags for most any application.
- FDA Bags are approved for all food packaging applications.
- Zip Lock Bags replace need for a Bag Sealer.
- Convenience of opening and re-closing make Zip Locks perfect for consumer product storage.
- Stand Up bags for shipping, and displaying tall or high profile products in upright position.
- Commonly used for caramel apples, spray cans, ketchup bottles and other taller products.
Bags on a Roll – Auto Bags
- Great for space limitations.
- Simply un-roll and tear bag from roll.
- Supermarkets are a perfect place for Bags on a Roll.
- Install one of our Over Head Wall Mount Systems above work stations and tear off a bag when needed.
- FDA Approved, High Barrier Bags are most commonly used for products that require a longer shelf life.
- For advertising or display our Printed Bags are available for printing in up to 10 Colors.
- Offer added strength over single layer bags.
- Widely used for landscaping wood chips, Rocks, Stones and Dirt.
- Commonly used for kitting small parts
What are SHRINK BANDS, SAFETY SEALS?
Clear PVC Shrink Bands
- Commonly used for tamper proof containers to show evident sign that it has not been opened.
- Approved for use in Europe to replace certain restricted PVC packaging materials.
Printed 10 Colors
- Printing is an option for both PETG and PVC Shrink Bands.
- Allows printed graphics for protection or your Company Information.
- Pre-Formed Shrink Bags are for ROUND Containers and Lids.
- These apply to the Lids without falling down your containers during shrinking.
- Roll Stock is available for your Automatic Shrink Band Applicators.
- Often used for longer products, such as lumber, moldings and trim work.